Whenever I go to parties, the rice always tasted different from what i cook at home. I became very curious. I was very eager to know the secret recipe that made party jollof taste different. I searched so many videos and articles. I still wasn’t satisfied with the results.
One day, i made a post requesting for a secret recipe on a Facebook group called “sytycc” . The response was amazing. So I tried almost every comment lol. The only thing I had no access to was the firewood. But trust me, when you use this recipe I’m about to teach , you will be shocked and thankful.
Below are 10 tips to achieve your party naija jollof taste and aroma.
1). Blend these items together
a). Three Big bell peppers (tatashe)
b) . One big red onion
C) . Two Hot peppers
2). Put clean stainless steel pot on the stove to dry. Add 1/2 cup of cooking oil (vegetable or canola oil).
Slice one full onion and put aside.
3). Add the chopped red onion to hot oil and fry for 5 minutes. Make sure you stir consistently to avoid burning the onion.
4) . add two tablespoons of Derika tin tomatoes https://www.derica.it/en-us/products/tomato/double-concentrated-tomato-paste/double-concentrated-tomato-paste-4 (this is optional, it makes no difference to me but adds more color). Fry for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
5). Add tomatoes paste. I love this brand ” https://www.costco.ca/la-san-marzano-italian-whole-peeled-tomatoes%2c-2.84-l.product.100417645.html ” . . You can also use ” http://www.unico.ca/listproducts.php?id=4 ” . If you choose to use fresh tomatoes, use 5 tomatoes .
* Fry for 10minutes. Stir consistently.
* Add 1 tablespoon of thyme
* Add 4 bay leaf.
* Add half a teaspoon of garlic
*Add half a teaspoon of nutmeg.
* Salt to taste
*One full maggi chicken
6). Stir and let cook for 10 to 15 minutes
*Add your chicken or Turkey stock.
7). Wash your rice; make sure you wash all the starch out. Use 4 cups (coffee mug) of rice.
8) . Add washed rice into your pot of hot tomatoes stew. Stir consistently and add water to be a little bit above rice level.
9). cook on slow heat until rice gets burned.
10). Make sure pot is tightly covered when cooking.
Thanks for reading. I respond to messages. Ask any questions ❤.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Powered by Best Social Sharing Plugin for WordPress Easy Social Shre Buttons